noun a skin wound caused by a thin sharp material, as paper
A loose paper sheet can be very thin, being then able to exert high levels of pressure,
enough to give one a paper cut.
noun a person who teaches or instructs, especially as a profession; instructor.
1. a person formally engaged in learning, especially one enrolled in a school or college;
pupil: a student at Yale.
2. any person who studies, investigates, or examines thoughtfully: a student of human
1. a substance made from wood pulp, rags, straw, or other fibrous material, usually in
thin sheets, used to bear writing or printing, for wrapping things, etc.
2. a piece, sheet, or leaf of this.
3. something resembling this substance, as papyrus.
4. a written or printed document or the like.
5. stationery; writing paper.
6. a newspaper or journal.
7. an essay, article, or dissertation on a particular topic: a paper on early Mayan artifacts.